With the recent legalization of cannabidiol, or CBD, in all 50 states, people everywhere are finding unique ways to ingest this miracle plant to reap its incredible health benefits. CBD oil, which is non-psychoactive and does not make you “high”, provides many different medicinal benefits and is free of side effects. CBD oil provides relief from pain, anxiety, and depression without the mind-altering side effects of marijuana or some pharmaceutical drugs. It can lower blood pressure, calm symptoms of anxiety, increase focus and concentration, and balance moods.
Many people are turning to CBD-infused foods, such as gummies and other edibles, as well as baked goods. CBD is an easy ingredient to include in your regular baked goods, adding an extra dose of health benefits to your recipes.
It is important to note that when baking with CBD oil, the oil needs extracted into a fat, such as coconut oil. Using Verima’s organic CBD tincture, add a suitable dose of CBD oil to a coconut oil base, and you are ready to bake! How much you use depends on what dose you want in each baked item. For example, if you are baking a dozen cookies, you will need to add 12 doses of CBD oil to the recipe, in order for it to be effective.
Makes 25 – 30 cookies
¾ cup liquid form coconut oil
Unflavored CBD oil – dosage will depend on personal preferences
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
½ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine liquid coconut oil, CBD oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, kosher salt, and baking soda to bowl and mix gently until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold chocolate chips and nuts into dough until they are evenly incorporated into dough.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large spoon, drop spoonfuls of dough on to baking sheet, keeping them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies at 375 for 9 – 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Move to a wire rack to cool.